Sunday, September 15, 2013

Emergency conference

A few days ago I returned from the IVECCS conference in San Diego. It was fantastic! There were 7 or 8 different learning tracks ranging from complex specialty center care (ventilators and the like) to things useful for a general practitioner like me. There was also a technician track with 2 different lectures to choose from at any given time.

Here are some examples of the lectures I went to:
Anaphylaxis
Lymph node cytology
Blood smears
Respiratory distress in cats
Anesthesia for patients with pre-existing disease (heart disease, diabetes, etc.)
What's new in the treatment of parvovirus infections

In addition to the excellent learning content, I got to catch up with many of my friends from my old hospital where I was a tech as well as friends from vet school. I also had time to visit the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and to go to this crossfit box for a workout!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip:

Turtles at Sea World

Flamingoes at the zoo
Manta ray at Sea World
Hilarious!





















Next year the conference is in Indianapolis. I'd love to go again but may choose a different conference such as a feline-focused one.

No comments:

Post a Comment