Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 6/6

This week I worked an extra day at the hospital to cover for one of the other doctor's vacations. It was BUSY! Unfortunately I had several more euthanasias, but I got a lot of new and interesting cases such as a broken toe, a thromboembolism (unfortunately that turned into a euthanasia) and others.

Today was my 6th day working in a row - at the vaccine clinic. The tech and I both got bitten and scratched by a very ill-tempered cat which was no fun, especially since it was within the first 30 minutes of starting work. Cat bites really suck - even if you wash them out thoroughly they often get infected.

Fun quotes from this past week:
"Have you lost weight?" (- Crossfit coach and massage therapist both asked me this on Monday ... actually I've GAINED a little weight)
"You're doing REALLY well." (- Dr. Boss)

No comments:

Post a Comment