Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Old and new friends

Sunday I went to a baby shower for one of my vet school friends. It was great to catch up with everyone! Some were finishing up internships and about to start new jobs, others were in the process of buying their first house, and everyone seemed happy and settled in their new lives. This was a stark contrast to a year ago when we were all scared newbie vets, much less 5 years ago (!) at vet school orientation when we were all wondering what exactly we had gotten ourselves into!

Later that afternoon we had a party at work to celebrate the first anniversary of the hospital. That was fun too - seeing people out of their scrubs and talking about non-work-related things was a nice change.

I wish I wasn't so ridiculously shy sometimes because days like those are great, but I'm too afraid to set up social events. Instead I rely on others to make the arrangements.

Well, today is going to be pretty busy at work - better finish my coffee and get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment