Friday, July 26, 2013

Oh my.

Yesterday was a ridiculously crazy day. I had:

- A full appointment schedule
- 2 kitten spays
- 3 4 unanticipated emergencies (1 decompensating cancer patient, 1 vomiting and limping, 1 blowout vomiting and diarrhea with a VERY challenging owner, and one anesthetic emergency during one of the spays)

I ate my lunch at 6:30 pm. Oh, and I got my period too - fortunately I had the supplies on hand to deal with that.

The combination of all of these factors made me extraordinarily grumpy (however my mood improved quite a lot once I actually got to EAT). Looking at the bright side of things, though:

- I finished both spays in about 25 minutes each - so I'm getting more efficient, and both kittens did well post-operatively
- I generally DO have a full appointment schedule, which is pretty awesome considering the economy and that fact that I'm still a new grad
- I successfully channeled all of that stress into cleaning the house and kicking butt on a very challenging workout today
- With the exception of 1 appointment (the one with the challenging owner), I felt as though everything got handled very well and the clients were happy

Today was a nice chance to sleep in and relax. Tomorrow will likely be busy again!




No comments:

Post a Comment