Saturday, October 13, 2012

Important things

No, not work. More on that later.

Today was a good day. I went to Crossfit and did a very hard 35-40 minute workout (it involved 30 clean and jerks, 40 pull-ups, 60 burpees, and running 2 miles!) We got desperately-needed groceries. Now I'm plopped on the couch watching "The Walking Dead" marathon.

Work-wise, this week was okay. Wednesday and Thursday I was the only doctor on duty. I had a bizarre emergency on Thursday where a dog got part of its tongue cut off in a grooming accident. Fortunately it wasn't bleeding anymore so no emergency surgery required - just an oral antibacterial rinse and some antibiotics. Friday I was on with Dr. X and it was ridiculously slow so I left 4 hours early and took a nap at home instead (yes!)

I'm also scheduled to attend a 3-day training session in a few weeks at company headquarters in BigWestCoastCityThatILove, so that's cool. I'm planning to visit with friends, eat great food and drink great beer, and maybe visit the Crossfit box there. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment