Monday, March 18, 2013

Crossfit Open 13.1 and 13.2

Remember when I said I'd signed up for the Crossfit Open? Well, I've now completed 2 of the 5 weekly workouts.

Workout (WOD) 13.1 involved 2 of my least-favorite movements: burpees and snatches. The burpees were REALLY hard both on my lungs and on my arms. I managed to finish the first set of snatches but didn't finish the second set. I wish I had been able to do more but my arms just would not cooperate. Considering my 1 rep max for the snatch is 80 pounds or so, managing to heft up 75 pounds a few times was pretty good. Final score: 105

13.2 was more my thing: lifting a barbell overhead from the shoulder (you could do it a number of ways), deadlifts (my very favorite thing in the world!) and box jumps. I decided to use push jerks to get the bar overhead because 75 pounds is pretty heavy for me, and I did a few box jumps before quickly switching to step-ups. Had a wicked allergy attack afterward, which usually happens when I have an all-out cardio effort. Final score: 205

All in all, I'm happy that I've been able to complete the WODs as prescribed - normally I have to scale weights back. If past years are any indication then I might not be able to do some of the later ones as prescribed.

Tomorrow I go back to work after 3 days off. I'm looking forward to it, and not just because I'm bored out of my skull here at home!




No comments:

Post a Comment