Thursday, March 28, 2013

Getting the routine

I still really like the new job. Some days it's a little slow, but days like today are great. Most of my cases today were really interesting (intestinal foreign body, fluid-distended abdomen, fever and lethargy, and a few others) and I am learning a ton by working with the other doctors!

I'm still figuring out the computer system, which lab tests are which, and things like that but overall I think it is going well. The only down-side is that I don't get to do as much surgery as in my previous job. The up-side is that I see a lot more complicated medicine and emergency cases than I used to.

The Crossfit open is going fairly well. Last week's workout left me coughing and sneezing (a sure sign of a tough workout for me aerobically) and this week's workout was challenging - I didn't get a high score because I haven't (yet) mastered toes-to-bar. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment