Thursday, April 25, 2013

Good at death?

It seems as though the best compliments and thanks I get from clients are my euthanasia cases. I'm not sure why that is - maybe it's the same reason why oncologists seem to have very grateful and nice clients?
Perhaps the clients have accepted what is going to happen. Maybe they appreciate that I explain what is going to happen, explain again as it happens, and ask them if they're ready for each step. Maybe there's something about having gone through it myself as a client multiple times that makes me more empathetic - I'm not really sure. All I know is that I've received positive Yelp reviews, really nice thank-you cards, or profuse verbal thanks from just about all of my euthanasia cases.
It's a running joke with my friends from veterinary school now - that I'm "good at death."

No comments:

Post a Comment