Monday, September 17, 2012

Long weekend


The schedule this week at work was a little weird so I ended up getting 5 days off in a row (this is day #4). Here’s what I’ve done so far:

Friday –
Went to Crossfit, PR’ed my 1 rep max back squat while there
Scrubbed the shower
Got a much-needed deep tissue massage

Saturday –
Went to Crossfit, did the WOD (workout of the day) as prescribed (i.e. used the weights prescribed for advanced women … usually I have to scale it to intermediate or even beginner levels, depending on the elements)
Worked in the yard
Got groceries

Sunday –
Went to yoga
Cooked a ton of food for the week
Cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms
Watched football
Took a nap on the couch

Today –
Went to Crossfit, did a handstand for the first time in about 30 years while there (!)
Did the laundry
Took a nap on the couch
(Plan to watch Monday night football)

The plan for tomorrow? Go to the shelter and perform spay/neuter surgeries, then go to Crossfit, then probably take a nap on the couch.

Incidentally, I found this new cookbook whose approach I really like. It talks about weekly “cook-ups” where you pre-cook the meats and par-cook the veggies, then during the week you put them together with sauces for “hot plates.” It is a paleo cookbook, but you could definitely use this approach with pasta and non-paleo meals – something I plan to do because I’m not completely sold on the zero grains, zero dairy, zero legumes thing. Cutting out sugar and refined grains? Sure. Booze? Yeah, mostly. Don’t make me give up my cheese, though …

No comments:

Post a Comment