Monday, September 3, 2012

First solo weekend


Saturday and Sunday I was the only doctor in the hospital.  Before that I’d only had one solo day at a pretty slow hospital so I was ridiculously nervous beforehand.
Overall I think it went quite well. I handled all of the cases without having any meltdowns. We only had 1 anesthetic procedure each day – both dentals with no extractions needed.
From what I understand the caseload was lighter than a typical weekend, likely due to it being a holiday. I feel as though I could have handled 5-10 more cases per day. There were periods of time where I was even bored! Weird.

It was nice to have the day off. I slept for 11 hours last night (must’ve been tired after working 6 out of 7 days), went to Crossfit, and got some errands taken care of. Tomorrow I’m headed to the shelter as a volunteer spay/neuter surgeon!

No comments:

Post a Comment