Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wedding planning


It's hard to believe D and I are getting married in a little over 4 months. Our to-do list is still extraordinarily (frighteningly?) long. Toward the end of September we’re headed to the wedding site to meet with the coordinator and some vendors.

We decided to get married in the mountains since we met through a ski club and because we love skiing and snowboarding so much, but the distance makes planning more challenging. We chose a resort that provides a package deal and a coordinator to handle a lot of the details. It means fewer choices of vendors, but that’s okay. I’m personally only picky about food (including cake!) and music. As long as the officiant isn’t offensive and as long as we get some pictures taken I don’t really care who does them.

Wedding websites are hilarious though. They could definitely make you crazy if you took every suggestion seriously. For example, one website recommends that you come up with a “signature cocktail” and serve it at your reception. More power to you if you want to do that, but that’s so not me.

I do have my dress and accessories, though! That part was pretty easy because I've had 38 years (!) to contemplate what I like and don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment