Saturday, August 11, 2012

A wedding and a workout


Yesterday my friends D and S got married (Mazel tov, guys!) It was great to see my friends from vet school and to catch up with them. Everyone seems to be settling in well at their new jobs. It was nice to know that other people also have moments of sheer panic (oh-crap-I-have-no-idea-what-to-do-for-this-pet) and moments of triumph when we actually solve a problem or master a new skill. It was also bittersweet because everyone is so busy (especially those who are doing internships) and so geographically scattered that we aren’t in touch very often anymore.
The ceremony itself made me cry like 3 or 4 times (damn you, D, and your beautiful vows!). At the same time I was taking mental notes about all of the details we haven’t figured out for our wedding yet (coming up 5 months from tomorrow!)

After all of that socializing I wasn’t in the mood to go to Crossfit this morning and do the team workout that was on the schedule today (yes, big introvert over here) so we went to Body Pump at a different gym. I haven’t been to that class in at least a year. I’m definitely much stronger than I was, which is great, but the class was still challenging at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment