Thursday, September 6, 2012

Variety


Today was a good example of why I chose general practice. Here are some highlights:

  • Performed spay and neuter surgeries
  • Diagnosed a pet with a complicated corneal ulcer (ended up referring to an ophthalmologist)
  • Inherited one patient with diabetes and another patient with Cushing’s disease from the previous associate veterinarian
  • Rechecked a kitten’s neuter incision site by having the tech hold the cat’s butt up to the surgery suite window so that I could look without scrubbing out
  • Unstuck a dog’s toes from grates that a grooming salon uses in their tubs (hint: use a lot of lube and a lot of patience)
  • Treated multiple pets with skin problems and others with diarrhea


I rather like having new surprises every day. I suppose that's why I like emergency too!

No comments:

Post a Comment