Monday, November 19, 2012

Antsy

I am taking it easy easier today because not only am I on the verge of burning out at work, I went to Crossfit the past 2 days in a row (and yesterday's workout was so challenging that I actually felt sick afterward).
Forcing yourself to do fewer things when you're used to going a hundred miles per hour is a bigger challenge that I expected. I have had to constantly remind myself today to slow down and take breaks, even though there is a lot of housework to do and errands to run. Those things will all get done eventually, they aren't life-threatening emergencies, and I need to REST.
I even managed to go see a movie today. In a theater. Believe me, that's kind of a big deal when you've become so used to work-sleep-work-Crossfit-work-work-work-wedding planning-work.

Tomorrow I don't have much planned either. The shelter is not doing surgeries so I have the morning off. I will be going to Crossfit, and then I have to have my truck looked at by the insurance adjuster for repairs (long story short - I backed into a fence post in my own driveway a few weeks ago because I was exhausted and not concentrating).
Wednesday I'm taking 2 of the cats to work - the one with chronic kidney disease to monitor her PCV after being treated for anemia, and the one with diabetes for monitoring on his first day of insulin treatment. We're closed on Thanksgiving (YAYYYY!!!) and then Friday I'm working at a different hospital to get away from Dr. X provide coverage while their doctor is off. Then it's another action-packed weekend of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment