Monday, November 26, 2012

Click (maybe)

Happy belated Thanksgiving! We ran a 5k trail race that morning and my knees are still a little sore from that.

Work is going a little better. I had a relief shift at a totally different clinic the day after Thanksgiving and there was only 1 neurotic high-maintenance client I had to deal with. ONE. It was amazing! It also helps that it was located in a beautiful coastal town. My usual clinic is chock-full of clients who need constant talking off the metaphorical ledge, which is frankly exhausting.

The weekend went well too. Saturday was kind of slow. Sunday was very busy but I feel as though I handled every case reasonably well. I saw several new things - mastitis (probably secondary to a big mammary mass that I felt), liver damage from a suspected toxin, an eosinophilic granuloma, and more. For some reason I didn't freak out and have my usual "OMGI'veneverseenthisbeforeI'mgonnascrewitup" train of thought. I think a lot of it has to do with having to deal with my own diabetic cat. It's HUGE pressure to diagnose and treat your own pet, and you all know my insecurities about internal medicine. Yet if I can manage him okay then I can probably handle a lot of things.

So at least for now I feel as though I'm settling into a bit of a rhythm - at least with non-surgical cases. I still need to get my surgery mojo back.

Oh, and in other news our practice manager is quitting. I've no idea if someone is lined up to take their place, and if not how that role will be managed. It could be ugly ...

2 comments:

  1. "My usual clinic is chock-full of clients who need constant talking off the metaphorical ledge". Bahahahaha!! Sounds like the last clinic I worked at, except it was every client, one doctor, and the over-the-top crazy practice manager! I don't miss that place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for not missing it - that sounds insanely difficult to deal with!

    ReplyDelete