Sunday, December 2, 2012

Holiday cheer (not)

According to the techs at work December usually has a higher-than-average number of a-hole clients. The techs' theory is that people are stressed out over the holidays because clients have limited funds and have to deal with various family things, so they (the clients) take it out on us. Based on last week I believe it. We had a handful of clients who were told that they were more than welcome to take their pets elsewhere. Believe me, this is a BIG DEAL at a clinic where the culture is to bend over backwards to accommodate clients. Hopefully that gives you an idea of how out of line the people were. I won't go into details, but let's just say that screaming obscenities is not okay.

Yesterday Dr. X apparently called in sick and work was trying frantically to reach me to come in. I wasn't available (and if I was, I probably still would not have agreed to come in because I was completely fried). Hopefully they got someone to cover so that they didn't have to close the clinic, but if that was the case - well, then the company needs to do a better job of scheduling and getting a pool of relief vets. There isn't really any incentive to come in on your day off, either. Yes, you could earn more toward your production. No, that's not a sufficient reason for ANY vet I know to come in on their day off. I guess if Dr. X and I got along better I'd feel more team spirit or whatever and might be more inclined to help, but that's not the case.

Bit by bit the wedding is coming together. Although I'm excited for it, I will also be soooo relieved when it is over! We're doing a fairly low key event with few guests and a coordinator and I'm still super stressed over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment