Monday, December 3, 2012

Don't know how to feel about this

Dr. X resigned. Their last day is Friday.

On the one hand ...
- I don't have to worry about tiptoeing around them and maybe whoever replaces them will be easier to work with
- I'll now get to work 5 shorter days (we are keeping the clinic open fewer hours in the interim and I'll switch to a 5x9 schedule instead of 4x11*)

On the other hand ...
- What will happen to the handful of ridiculously difficult clients they managed? (I don't want them - have some of my own, thankyouverymuch)
- With our practice manager also leaving soon, there's a gap in who will manage client escalations, tech scheduling, and other admin tasks. I guess a PM from a different clinic will pinch-hit for ours in the interim, but still.

This is gonna be a sh!t show, I fear.



*Why not 5 x 8 or 4 x 10? Supposedly those 9 or 11 hours include a 1 hour lunch break. I think there was one day where I got to take a 30 minute lunch. Of course the techs were calling me during that time about something or other.



No comments:

Post a Comment