Sunday, December 9, 2012

Insomnia

I've been having a lot of trouble staying asleep lately. I wake up in the middle of the night and then can't go back to sleep because I'm either worried about something (usually work) or have just had a nightmare.
The other night was the worst because I had a nightmare that my friend, a tech at my old clinic, told me that my old clinic would never hire me because "They think you're like 12 and will never be able to catch up with the type of medicine practiced here." I was completely devastated. D says the dream is a sign that it is something I really want badly (true) and not a premonition (I hope not).
As a result, I've resorted to taking an OTC sleep medication and it's been working wonderfully. I fall asleep quickly and - more importantly - I STAY asleep all night. Even though tons of people I know take prescription sleep pills or antihistamines I still somehow feel guilty for having to resort to this kind of help.

Friday was a bit of a cluster - I ended up driving 1 1/2 hours each way to cover a clinic that had no doctor onsite and only being at that clinic for 3 1/2 hours worth of work. Hey, if they want to pay me to drive all day (and reimburse my mileage), whatever. I've got tomorrow and Tuesday off!

No comments:

Post a Comment