Friday, December 21, 2012

Too much.


I spent Sunday volunteering at a Crossfit competition held at our box (gym), which basically involved setting up for the different workouts and keeping score/judging teams as they went through the workouts. The competitors had to meet certain standards in order for their reps to count. It was a lot of fun, and I almost lost my voice from yelling out rep counts through the day!

The rest of this week has been rough. Tuesday I went to the shelter and got to do several spay/neuter surgeries and help with an FHO (cool!) Wednesday and yesterday at work were very busy and full of difficult cases and difficult clients, and yesterday I had a migraine and stomach pain all day – not good when you have several loud dogs as day cases.

Unfortunately on Tuesday I also found out that my sister and her family are no longer coming to the wedding. My sister was going to be my only bridesmaid and my niece was going to do a reading in the ceremony. I am still processing the whole thing. The reasons have nothing to do with me but I’m still pretty devastated.
Between that and all the crap with work I’m calling shenanigans on the whole “God doesn’t give you more than you can handle” thing. I'm totally overloaded and just praying I can make it through the next 3 weeks until I can get some time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment