Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Part-time request

I emailed the interim practice manager asking if I could switch to part-time starting in March. I copied the region directors (medical and sales). The sales director emails back a one-liner "This needs to be discussed with me and the medical director. Please schedule a call to discuss." So I did.
My request got shot down, which isn't surprising. What WAS surprising is that the sales director immediately attacked me for having a "bad attitude."

Okay, I'll bite. If I do indeed have a bad attitude, maybe there's a REASON for that? Maybe there's a REASON why you can't keep a doctor in that hospital for more than a year?
Also, if I have such a bad attitude then how am I still making the hospital money AND maintaining the highest client satisfaction scores in the region despite having no other doctors, no practice manager, and only 1 part-time receptionist?

I've already drafted my resignation letter. Now I just need another (better) job to come along so that I can send it. I have another interview today - fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Could you quit right now? I realize that no income isn't good, but would your husband's income be enough while you look for a job? I know that's not ideal, but it sounds like working there is making you leaching your soul.

    Good luck and I hope you get that better job soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant leaching your soul, not "making you leaching your soul"....

      Delete
  2. Thanks! We've talked about it but it's not feasible right now. We can swing me working part-time and him full-time but not me unemployed. Hopefully one of these interviews pans out!

    ReplyDelete